MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simple mograph stepped animation conundrum

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PJ PalomakiSimple mograph stepped animation conundrum
by on Dec 20, 2014 at 3:09:38 pm

So I'm trying to do something very simple with MoGraph and failing miserably.

I've got one gold coin in the middle of the screen (0,0,0) and I want to replicate that gold coin to 3x2 grid, but animate them in, one-by-one, from the centre of the original coin, starting with top left going left to right, top row first and then the second row with spring effector applied.

I've managed to create the animation from centre, but can't for the life of me get it doing a stepped animation, they all just animate to their position at the same time and have identical spring.

I've tried step effector and plain effectors but can't get it right. Any ideas? I'm sure there's a simple solution to this but my brain's jammed.

Thanks in advance,
PJ

--------------------------------------------------

Freelance Cinematographer, Camera Op, Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer

http://www.pjpalomaki.com

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Simple mograph stepped animation conundrum
by on Dec 21, 2014 at 5:44:17 pm

inheritance effector like the earlier pop-up question, the inheritance moves clones from a cloner to final positions in a Matrix object. The Matrix just has to be rotated to get the results you want (or the camera's viewpoint).
If the inheritance has a linear falloff and moves through the original clones they will go one-by-one. Can't have them all start from exactly the same place that way but if the original cloner is linear with a small value and the inheritance effector is similarly small it's pretty close to the same place... same for a stack of coins, the inheritance just has to move though the stack

8317_inheritancecoinsfromsamespot.c4d.zip
8318_inheritancecoinsfromstack.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Simple mograph stepped animation conundrum
by on Dec 21, 2014 at 6:57:16 pm

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but hopefully it gives you what you need. The trick is that the plain effector is set to control just weight, so as it moves through the clones the Inheritance Effector takes control and the clones move to the Matrix Object. File: 8320_center2matrix.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

PJ PalomakiRe: Simple mograph stepped animation conundrum
by on Jan 2, 2015 at 12:49:26 pm

Thank you both, will try them out.

--------------------------------------------------

Freelance Cinematographer, Camera Op, Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer

http://www.pjpalomaki.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]