MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

snowflake falling tutorial

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel corwinsnowflake falling tutorial
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 1:44:31 am

Hi Everyone
Could anyone recommend a tutorial for me that would help me animate a camera following a snowflake as it falls? The snowflake being tossed about by wind and the camera tracking it are the two things I'd like to figure out how to do. Similar to the Forest Gump feather.
I've been searching online for a good one for quite a while now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Joel

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: snowflake falling tutorial
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:19:24 pm

On something like this, I'd probably draw a bezier spline and use the align to spline tag. Maybe use a rail spline and adjust further play with the rotational properties. Then I'd simply target the camera to the snowflake and follow accordingly. But there's a million ways to work this :)

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

joel corwinRe: snowflake falling tutorial
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 12:21:19 am

Thanks for the advice! If it ends up looking too keyframey, do you have a recommendation for a effector that would let the snowflake react naturally to wind and tumbling dynamics?
Thanks again!
Joel

Return to posts index

joel corwinRe: snowflake falling tutorial
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 8:47:56 pm

... I know cinema 14 has a good aerodynamics plugin, but I have r 13 and am trying to think of a good way to simulate the snowflake tumbling naturally.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]