MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerokeeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:44:05 am

Hello!

i have been wondering this for a while. I would love to do some parametrics animation, such as Slice from tube, or even changing just the size of a cube, but at the same time having control to change some of the polygons with a different materials, for example, selecting them and Set selection and add a material to them.

I tried to bake the object then, but after converting to polygons the mesh loses his parametric animation.

anyone has tried this before?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:28:09 pm

you can keep the parametric animation by putting a Correction deformer on the object, add a Point Cache tag to the Correction deformer, Store Sate then Calculate in the point cache then you can make the object editable (or current state to object) and move the Point Cache tag from the correction deformer to the editable object.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:43:57 pm

amazing Brian, it works great. the only thing I would say after doing Current State to object to the parametric object , then I lose the chance later on to modify again ( unless i keep a backup) the parametric animation. Is there any way for keep that?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:56:10 pm

Current State to Object does save the original, you'd have to keep that I think. You would have to reapply textures...

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 15, 2014 at 11:31:28 pm

You actually don't need all those steps. Just apply the correction deformer, create the poly selection tags on the deformer (give them unique names), then drag the selection tags onto the primitive object. Now drag the materials onto the primitive and assign the tags.

That gives you polygon selections without having to make anything editable.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2014 at 12:27:34 am

it's been fixed in 16? Excellent!

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: keeping parametrics animation and adding them specific shaders by polygons
by on Dec 16, 2014 at 9:55:00 pm

BOOM! awesome , exactly what I wanted, this would save me a lot of work. Thanks for this guys !

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]