MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hiding fractures in a transparent object prior to collision

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
Hiding fractures in a transparent object prior to collision
on Dec 9, 2014 at 1:47:32 am

Hi all,
I have this object that is fractured using the Xplode plugin and has a transparent material, I want to hide the fractures prior to collision by another object, is there a way to do this? Using C4D R13. Thanks in advance,

RickAVC

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Hiding fractures in a transparent object prior to collision
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:43:49 am

Thrausi has a fix for that when you fracture an object, it adds a Compositing tag to the fracture group it makes with Seen By Refraction and Seen by Transparency turned off. This applies only as long as the group holds together but all the separate pieces are still transparent and refract their surroundings. Never have use Xplode but if it's similar the same thing might work

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Dec 9, 2014 at 9:27:24 am

Hi Brian, I've tried adding a compositing tag with your mentioned settings to my fracture group but it doesn't seem to work in my case, perhaps the pieces created by Xplode are already separated far enough to see transparency and refraction? Anyway, I'll have a look at Thrausi, thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:17:42 pm

I would just keep a copy of the unfractured object and keyframe visibility to swap them out when the fracture starts.

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
on Dec 9, 2014 at 10:48:24 pm

Hi Adam, I was thinking that too, hopefully that won't slow the computer too much, I'm having a look at Nitroblast at the moment.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 10, 2014 at 3:58:56 am

Nitroblast is great and takes care of the refraction issue. A little complicated but Lazaros provides video tutorials that cover every function.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]