MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Blender character animation to Cinema 4D Lite

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin WilsonBlender character animation to Cinema 4D Lite
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 9:45:22 pm

Hello,

I'm having problems exporting a character animation from Blender and then importing into Cinema 4D Lite. I have little experience with Blender, and have read several posts and tutorials about exporting in either COLLADA or FBX, then importing into Cinema 4D Lite. When using COLLADA, the model itself imports fine, with whatever frame of animation I exported on, however the animation itself is not included. When exporting to FBX, C4D gives an error, seemingly no matter what options I select (unable to read file: filename).

Based on some forums/videos I seen, I tried baking the animation in Blender and then exporting, but I still only get the single frame, not the full animation.

Here is a link to the Blender file, if that will help any: http://dwdigitaldesign.com/duderigged.blend1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I believe I will need to do this a few times.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Blender character animation to Cinema 4D Lite
by on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:15:11 am

I'm not seeing any animation in Blender with that file (but I am clueless in Blender so FWIW)

Return to posts index

Dustin WilsonRe: Blender character animation to Cinema 4D Lite
by on Dec 3, 2014 at 2:03:01 pm

Thanks for checking into it. I apologize, apparently I uploaded the wrong file. Here is the proper link: http://dwdigitaldesign.com/duderigged.blend

It is a short animation.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 5:50:23 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:30:02 pm

exporting as .fbx and I get animation but it's wrong by a bit (foot is crooked, upper back with an odd kink) if I export as FBX 7.4 but works fine exported as FBX 6.1

Colladia export didn't bring animation at all but I could get that to work by exporting .bvh from blender and using that to animate the colladia 'dude' (took some adjustment to get it to work but it did)

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:57:15 pm

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this.

I tried using FBX 7.4 and FBX 6.1. But upon attempting to import any FBX into Cinema 4D Lite, it gives the error: "Unable to read file: filename". Are you using Cinema 4D Lite, or is it a full release of Cinema?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 8:16:02 pm

sorry, R16 Studio. But Lite is supposed to have "Support of DXF, DWG, 3DS, DAE, FBX, DEM, LWS, STL, VRML2, OBJ, COLLADA, Alembic" - although for Import Only it says - so it looks like it could work. What version of Lite do you have?

http://www.maxon.net/en/products/general-information/general-information/pr...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 8:23:44 pm

The version I have is what was bundled with After Effects CC 2014. In the C4D help, it's listed as Cinema 4D Lite R16 (16.028 - Build RB113929). It is the very latest, as far as I'm aware. I've checked for upgrades as well, just to be safe.

I don't have a problem with it being import only, as I just need to get the Blender animations into C4D.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:01:29 pm

I don't know enough about those versions. Try asking Support on Maxon's site, they'll know

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:40:25 pm

I was looking on their site to contact for support regarding the Lite version, but they only list the more featured versions for support. I hit them up on twitter, hopefully I'll get some help there.

Thanks for trying to lend a hand. I really appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]