MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Camera Distance Influences Render Blur?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan HallmanCamera Distance Influences Render Blur?
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 5:19:13 pm

I am trying to render a scene that I plan to use as a BG image in an illustrations that I am working on. Although I am struggling to produce a crisp render at the necessary camera distance (35 cm). 35 cm is somewhat arbitrary but I chose this distance because it works best with the elements within my scene: it completely fills the image bounds while ensuring that the individual elements making up the BG are the proper size.

Interestingly, the render seems to sharpen at farther camera distances (see 70 cm) and blur at closer ones (see 17cm). I have experimented with antialiasing, adding a new camera, increasing light falloff, and increasing shadow quality. I have also experiment with the size of the light source and the size of the BG elements themselves. But I have not yet found a solution to my problem.

Below I have attached a image showing the render at the 3 distances mentioned above (70 cm, 35 cm, and 17 cm). I have also attached my scene file. I would really appreciate any available help!

Return to posts index

Giacomo BompanRe: Camera Distance Influences Render Blur?
by on Nov 24, 2014 at 2:58:50 pm

Could the focus distance be the cause?

What distance is it set to?

Return to posts index

Ryan HallmanRe: Camera Distance Influences Render Blur?
by on Nov 25, 2014 at 5:41:18 am

I appreciate the feedback Giacomo. I am currently using the standard renderer. I am relatively new to C4D but I didn't think that camera distance influenced images sharpness with the standard renderer... Regardless, I placed the camera at 35cm.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Camera Distance Influences Render Blur?
by on Nov 25, 2014 at 3:25:11 pm

focus distance only matters if blur is turned on for Standard and Physical. Blur is controlled differently for each renderer but won't be present unless you enable it. I think none of your images are blurred, you are just seeing more what it actually looks like in the close shots. Look at the dark edges around the small blue holes in the 17 cm shot - perfectly sharp. With a flat grey color that may be what you get but it might help to have different shadow settings (what type of shadows are you using (are you using shadows)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved