MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Unbend a bent plane (I know it sounds ridiculous)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Florent GarciaUnbend a bent plane (I know it sounds ridiculous)
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 8:21:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to C4Dcafe and I'm seeking help or at least some pointers on a very specific problem I've encountered.
First of all, I'm not an expert at Cinema 4D. I'm working on an art project that is requiring me to model in C4D.

I'm going to try to be as clear as possible:

In C4D, I need to bend a plane, apply a boolean (so I get a cut in the plane bent) and then unbend it (make it flat again without distorsions).
Why do I need to do that, you may ask : the end goal is to be able to export the cuts made by the boolean as illustrator paths and feed those paths to a laser machine that will cut the planes (little pieces of paper).
Then I assemble the pieces of paper to make the piece. See picture to see what it would look like in the end.
It is vital for me to be able to apply the cut (boolean) on the bent planes if not the end result would be quite different.

I tried to apply a bend effector on top of the first one, but the result is nowhere close to the flat state of my plane

See below a link to the project file and also the bent plane alone I need to unbend (+ pictures)

Thanks in advance for any insight. I know it is a weird question. If you need more information please let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved