MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Separate Pass for Each Layer in new "Reflectance" Channel! But How to Do This in Vray?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert FigueiraSeparate Pass for Each Layer in new "Reflectance" Channel! But How to Do This in Vray?
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 9:18:21 pm

I love the ability now in R16 to be able to render out a separate pass for each layer in the reflectance channel. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this in Vray though.

If I have multiple specular channels on one material, the "reflection" pass can only lump them all together as one single combined reflection. What if I want to separate my rough metallic reflection from my glossy reflection? Maybe I want to change the color of the rough metallic reflection on top of my diffuse without it affecting the sharp glossy reflections on top? This seems like a major feature that people would want and is glaringly absent from Vray - and that I'm fairly certain you can do in Maya's version of Vray, unless I'm missing something.

Now that you can do this easily with the C4d reflectance channel multipass settings, I'm rethinking the advantages of Vray...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved