MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Why does my hair spawn from black

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doyle Lewis
Why does my hair spawn from black
on Nov 12, 2014 at 6:37:31 pm
Last Edited By Doyle Lewis on Nov 12, 2014 at 6:38:10 pm

So this is my first character sculpt and also my first BodyPaint texturing ever. I like how it turned out for the most part. I definitely learned a lot to do better next time but for my first I am satisfied. What I don't like are the roots of his hair though. No matter what color the hair is or what color texture I put under it, the base that the hair sprouts from looks black.

As you can see with the image above, I copied the polygons I wanted hair to grow out of so that they each had their own separate geometry from the head. I think this might be the source of my problem but I couldn't get the hair material to apply to a polygon selection.

I guess my question is two part. 1: what is causing the base polygons to render black and 2: what is the more effective way off applying hair to only part of your geometry.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Why does my hair spawn from black
on Nov 13, 2014 at 12:42:58 am

you can grow hair from a polygon selection - select the polys you want hair from and Add Hair or set a selection first and the hair will use it.
To get the roots to not be dark go into the hair material Illumination tab and lower diffuse (to 0% even)

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
Re: Why does my hair spawn from black
on Nov 13, 2014 at 2:30:11 pm

Thank you Brian! Now that I have stepped away from it for a bit I realize that I probably couldn't do a poly selection because the head was still a sculpt object and I never baked out my final mesh. As for the roots that worked great! thanks!

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]