MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D subscription based model?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom HeadleC4D subscription based model?
by on Nov 11, 2014 at 6:41:56 am

Adobe did it. Autodesk did it. Blender 3D is getting better exponentially.
Where does C4D plan to fit in the near future?

Is there any info or rumors that C4D is going to offer some kind of yearly or monthly
subscription based payment plan?
C4D Lite comes w/ Adobe CC now which in my mind makes this a very plausible option.

Maxon is just too $ to buy. If they offered me a reasonable $ adder on top of my CC subscription,
I'd make it my primary 3D tool and would moo for joy.
Otherwise I'll be an Adobe + Blender guy and make it work.

C4D is awesome but ....

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D subscription based model?
by on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:51:38 pm

Maxon is consistently tight lipped about its future plans so we won't know what they're planning until they announce it.

The startup cost is high but at least they do now have a maintenance agreement that entitles you to discounted annual upgrades.

Return to posts index

Tom HeadleRe: C4D subscription based model?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:08:02 am

It's a fine line, I understand and appreciate the perspective, thanks Adam.

I have had so many discussions with artists about this and I have to say that the startup fee
is a deal breaker for almost everyone. Unfortunately this is true for me as well.

Much love to C4D but I think their lack of response to this is going to hurt them.
I can't believe I am saying this but I think Blender is going to be the shockwave in this industry.
Even 1 year ago I would have said "No chance EVER of Blender surpassing C4D, Maya and the like".

My current project is switching to Blender (above-the-line decisions, you know $) and I lost the fight.

Ah, so frustrating eating my words now :(

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D subscription based model?
by on Nov 12, 2014 at 1:59:04 am

Actually it doesn't shock me that Blender is picking up market share. It's hard to compete with free and it's getting more and more sophisticated. It's been eons since I tried it so I can't comment on how it stacks up from a practical perspective.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]