MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Unwanted Lighting Shadow

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris DelMonico
Unwanted Lighting Shadow
on Nov 8, 2014 at 2:42:06 pm

I have a bottle in a rendering and I'm getting a dark line/shadow going vertically down the center. I've narrowed it down to the lighting causing the issue, more specifically, the ones I have on each side of the bottle. When I turn them off, the shadow disappears. Even when I change the type of lighting or intensity and falloff options it still appears. I am using other lights and GI in the composition, and everything else looks great. I do not have any shadows turned on for these lights. Here is a stripped down screen grab of just the bottle and shadow. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thank you! (I'm using Cinema 4D R14).

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Unwanted Lighting Shadow
on Nov 8, 2014 at 7:19:52 pm

your lights probably are perfectly symmetrical on either side of the bottle. You can
- move both the lights forward/backward
- move one to be further from the bottle than the other
- use the more conventional lighting scheme with key light forward, fill lights further away/behind etc.
- if you need symmetrical you can try using Area lights (make sure the area shape Z-axis is pointed at the bottle for each light, that will at least make the shadow line be broader and more normal

Return to posts index

Chris DelMonico
Re: Unwanted Lighting Shadow
on Nov 8, 2014 at 8:17:34 pm

Thanks! Yes, the lights were symmetrically aligned. I moved the position and changed from infinite to omni, and it seemed to work. Just had to adjust the brightness a bit. Thanks again for the tips! This was driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]