MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Unwanted Lighting Shadow

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris DelMonicoUnwanted Lighting Shadow
by on Nov 8, 2014 at 2:42:06 pm

I have a bottle in a rendering and I'm getting a dark line/shadow going vertically down the center. I've narrowed it down to the lighting causing the issue, more specifically, the ones I have on each side of the bottle. When I turn them off, the shadow disappears. Even when I change the type of lighting or intensity and falloff options it still appears. I am using other lights and GI in the composition, and everything else looks great. I do not have any shadows turned on for these lights. Here is a stripped down screen grab of just the bottle and shadow. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thank you! (I'm using Cinema 4D R14).

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Unwanted Lighting Shadow
by on Nov 8, 2014 at 7:19:52 pm

your lights probably are perfectly symmetrical on either side of the bottle. You can
- move both the lights forward/backward
- move one to be further from the bottle than the other
- use the more conventional lighting scheme with key light forward, fill lights further away/behind etc.
- if you need symmetrical you can try using Area lights (make sure the area shape Z-axis is pointed at the bottle for each light, that will at least make the shadow line be broader and more normal

Return to posts index

Chris DelMonicoRe: Unwanted Lighting Shadow
by on Nov 8, 2014 at 8:17:34 pm

Thanks! Yes, the lights were symmetrically aligned. I moved the position and changed from infinite to omni, and it seemed to work. Just had to adjust the brightness a bit. Thanks again for the tips! This was driving me crazy.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved