MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cel shader working in cineware??

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerocel shader working in cineware??
by on Nov 1, 2014 at 6:14:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I have seen a lot of frustration on the internet because Cel Shader does not work with Cineware. I tried and nothing neither and I was wondering if someone has found any way to do it.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: cel shader working in cineware??
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 4:18:46 am

Do you have the setting set to Standard (Final)? Is Cineware referencing your full version of C4D? You can check that in the Options in the effects panel. Did you accidentally switch to the Physical Renderer in C4D, becuase it doesn't support the Cel shader as far as I'm aware.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: cel shader working in cineware??
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 2:16:12 pm

Hello Jason,

thanks for your reply. Well it is a studio version and standard rendered. then to final in cineware, however cel renderer still not working. I read Ej from Eyedesyn complaining about this on the web. He has a nice workaround, but still is not cel renderer:(

Cheers!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:14:15 pm

Oh, you're taking about the render effect in render settings. Yeah, that doesn't translate with cineware. The standard cel shader works fine, however. You can create one in the luminance channel under the sketch effect, choose cel.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:42:33 pm

Sorry Jason I dont get you, you mean cel shader works in cineware or not???

Many thanks

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2014 at 5:24:12 pm

It works for me. I haven't tested it, but I think the sketch & toon effect is what you're talking about from the render settings, which doesn't work with Cineware. It should. Everything should translate over, technically speaking.

I'm talking about creating a cell shader like you were initially asking about. That works fine for me. I'll attach an example. Drop this file straight into AE and see how that works. All the settings are in the luminance channel. The ambient occlusion has also been tweaked to look more like cell shading by reducing the ray length, contrast to -100% and adjusting the gradient as desired (determines how far the AO spreads). I'm not sure if the C4D file contains the OBJ, but it's a generic model that comes with Studio, so it should be in there anyway.

8165_piano.c4d.zip

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

by on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:06:14 am

Hello Jason,

many thanks for this. Well the file does not work for me. I have AE CC 12.2 but it does not work. I saw your cinema file , but the Sketch and toon renderer is not included, so still working for you??? I read these in adobe help and I tried but not luck.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6013673

To render Sketch and Toon, do the following:

From the Create menu in the Cinema 4D application, choose Create > Material > Sketch Material.
In the Render Settings dialog, set the popup to Renderer: Standard.
In the Render Settings dialog, ensure Sketch and Toon post effects is added and checked
Save the .c4d file with Sketch and Toon enabled.
Sketch and Toon will be rendered by the Cineware effect when the renderer settings in the effect is set to Standard (Final).
Note: You can control Sketch and Toon for individual objects in the Object manager by addingTags>Sketch Tags>Sketch Style (see the Cinema 4D Help documentation for more information about Sketch and Toon).

Note:

With the global Sketch and Toon post effect setting enabled in the C4D Render Settings dialog, some scenes may not render all objects with Sketch and Toon. Add the Sketch Style Tag to all items (or just group all objects to a null and add the tag to the null). This particular issue is addressed in a service pack update for CINEMA 4D R15 only.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2014 at 5:38:50 pm

Do you own a copy of C4D or are you using C4D Lite included with After Effects 12. I don't believe Sketch and Toon is included in Lite. The way I set up that scene, I'm not using Sketch and Toon. It's a simple cell shader. I don't even have Sketch and Toon turned on in the render settings.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Luke WheldonRe: cel shader working in cineware??
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 5:51:13 pm

Strange. I can't seem to get the Cel shader to work, even when I use the Lum channel. I'll try using your project.

Thanks,

Luke.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]