MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron HarkeninSticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear
by on Nov 1, 2014 at 9:16:29 am

Hi everyone.

So long story short, i've created a rigged cartoon model that which, i'm planing on having the facial features to be material tags just like Lego Movie.

I've manage to place the material and adjust the tag's size to fit the model , but realized that when i animate the model, the material tag wont stay still, rather it kinda leaves its designated location. So i've searched and found a solution which was sticky texture. Not only does it keep the tag where it should be in animations, it also keeps the tags place if i resize the model to fit my scenes.

BUT, when i start rendering, i've realized that sticky texture wipes half of the material tag itself. Here are the screenshots.

It's driving me crazy. I would apriciate any help on the matter..

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Sticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear
by on Nov 1, 2014 at 4:04:21 pm

I can't really tell what's going on without looking at the scene file, but you might try something else. I'm assuming that you're using flat projection on the texture (and thus need the stick tag)?

If so, instead of using the stick tag, right click on the texture tag and select "generate UVW coordinates" from the menu options. That should stick the texture to the mesh without the need for the stick tag.

Return to posts index

Aaron HarkeninRe: Sticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear
by on Nov 2, 2014 at 2:05:43 pm

Hi again.

Thank you for your answer. Though i was using spherical projection, i've done as you asked and now though i dont need sticky texture, again the texture is halfed and now i can see it being halfed even without rendering.

I've added the work file if you would like to examine. Please note that i'm planing on using sequences of pngs to manage facial animations. Im also using offset values to rotate the texture to give head turning illusion. If i slide the texture on offset V to some other value than the current one, i can see the face clearly. But thats a problem and not a solution.

8160_kid.zip

Return to posts index

by on Nov 2, 2014 at 2:25:15 pm

Hey Adam,

I've just choosed all the polygons that was the main egg shape and rotate it 180 degrees. Now, when i render, i can see the texture being full. For some reason i think the part we were facing were the back end of the egg shape.

Actually i cannot even make sense of the situation but just wanted to point out i've gone the manual long way to fix what ever the problem was suppose to be (since apparently it ws not sticky texture). IF you can point out any mistake that would be fantastic though.

Best regards.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Sticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear
by on Nov 3, 2014 at 11:27:07 pm

I think the problem was the way you set the offset and length in the texture tag when setting up the spherical mapping. It's more straightforward to use flat mapping. Since the character is somewhat flattened I think it looks okay. I made a second poly selection tag to limit the face to the front side.

8164_kidanim2export.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:18:33 pm

thanks Adam.

Best Regards

Return to posts index

Adnan SiddiquiRe: Sticky Texture Causes Material to "half" appear
by on Jan 8, 2015 at 4:25:00 pm
Last Edited By Adnan Siddiqui on Jan 8, 2015 at 5:11:30 pm

dear
Adam Trachtenberg
i have also sticky texture problem .
i am trying to solve your method and also use uv edit but projection tag is permanantly off
help me about this file
http://files.creativecow.net/rar-files
8389_test.rar.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]