MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

PLA coordinates copy/paste advice

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan LaceyPLA coordinates copy/paste advice
by on Oct 26, 2014 at 8:45:34 pm

Hi,

Re - C4D R13: I'm working on an animation that involves a lot of PLA animated splines and am now having to adjust the position coordinates of many static points in some of the splines.

At the moment I'm doing this by copy/pasting each of the x,y & z values for each point at each keyframe. Needless to say this is very tiresome so is there a way of copying the spatial coordinates of a point as an (xyz) group and then pasting all three simultaneously?

Also, as all of these points are static, the xyz values do not change from one keyframe to another so it would really save some time if I could also paste to multiple keyframes. I don't know if this is possible and how to do it.

Can this be done anyway?

With thanks

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: PLA coordinates copy/paste advice
by on Oct 27, 2014 at 3:14:11 am

in the OM - click on one of the P's rather than x/y/z - all three light up (the text) then copy and then in your target paste. In the timeline, you can ctrl-drag the Position keyframe (not the individual x,y,z) to copy all three

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: PLA coordinates copy/paste advice
by on Oct 27, 2014 at 5:09:18 pm

Thanks Brian, very helpful. It's been a while since I've used c4d, I thought there was something like that.

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]