MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

I have a word that is one object, but I would like to split it into 1 object per letter

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher McMahon
I have a word that is one object, but I would like to split it into 1 object per letter
on Oct 26, 2014 at 2:27:30 am

I have a word (Polygon object), all of the letters are disconnected from each other visually. But I would like to split the polygon object into 7 different polygon objects, 1 for each letter. I'm planning on having all of these in a null group, so that they fly on screen, but I'd also like to have a random effector on these so that they all fly in from randomish directions.

Any tips?

8141_kairotoxlightroom.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: I have a word that is one object, but I would like to split it into 1 object per letter
on Oct 26, 2014 at 4:31:46 am

select the the KTOX text object and run Mesh/Conversion/Polygon Groups to Objects

Return to posts index

Brandon Ludford
Re: I have a word that is one object, but I would like to split it into 1 object per letter
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:35:58 pm

Best thing to do is click on the polygon mode option on the left side of the window. Click on live selection, increase the radius if necessary, look to the bottom right of the windows and turn off "select visible only" or something like that, and highlight one letter of the word, hit CTRL+X then CTRL+V. Then the selected shape should appear with it's own object in the hierarchy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]