MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Advice on a new PC build please

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil MooreAdvice on a new PC build please
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:59:14 am

Hi people I am looking for some advice on building a new windows based PC as my old Dell XPS400 has just about had it.

I already have a 2 year old AMD built system but I use this purely for design work(Adobe AE, C4D, Autodesk etc) and don't have it connected to the net.

So what I wanted to do was build another PC that can do general surfing of net and design work etc but also help a lot with net rendering along side my existing AMD PC when needed.

I will not be using the new build for gaming just design and surfing net.

I am planning in the future to use the Octane render so GPU is also important factor on this build.

So before I get to far into this and I know people will cringe a little but I think I want to stick with an AMD build as the processor is way cheaper and is more in line with my budget of between £500 - £650.
I have also read that mixing AMD and Intel for net rendering can cause problems.

I'm going to re-use some of the parts from the old Dell such as SSD's, DVD drive, keyboard etc.

As my budget is tight I will be adding just enough RAM, maybe 8GB then add to this later down the line when I have a bit more cash so this way I can put more money into the main parts of the build.

Any help on a system build would be much appreciated,

Thanks people.

Return to posts index

Neil MooreRe: Advice on a new PC build please
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:18:09 pm

OK so far I have the following:

990FX R2.0 AMD Asus Sabertooth AM3+ ATX Motherboard

CoolerMaster N-Series N200 USB 3.0 Micro-ATX Case

Corsair H80i Hydro Series Extreme Performance CPU Cooling

Corsair 750W CX Builder Series 80PLUS Bronze PSU

AMD FX-9590 5GHz Max Turbo AM3+ Black Edition 8-Core 8MB OEM

RAM? dont know what type to get yet but want it to run efficeintly with processor. Need 8GB to start.

GPU? Need advice on this - totally confused

Thats £459 so far

Return to posts index

Neil MooreRe: Advice on a new PC build please
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:44:14 pm

I think maybe I will have to drop the GPU card for Octane render as this will require quite a beefy card which I cannot afford.

So need a GPU that is good for C4D, Adobe AE, 3DS Max etc to go with the above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved