MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Why can't I ever get external compositing tag solids to line up in Ae?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad MagnusWhy can't I ever get external compositing tag solids to line up in Ae?
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 3:47:59 pm

It seems like every time I want to use C4D for a simple spinning phone/tablet animation, things get super annoying fast. I have a c4d file that's about 3200 frames at 29.97fps. The tablet is the main model, it spins around the camera moves, very basic. I have a plane with a compositing tag for the screen and a separate plane for object buffer. The animation lines up at the beginning, but as things move down the timeline it begins to shift. I used the default settings in both Ae and C4D for HDTV 29.97. What's going on? Maybe I don't have my settings right?

It's very obvious at around frame 2200 in Ae. I'm drowning here without being able to get this right! Any help is very much appreciated. (And while you're digging around in there, any suggestions on fast render times? I was planning on GI for a clean white bkg, but the render times are outrageous)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqi1qamt8ga79pb/question.rar?dl=0

C4D r14
Ae CC 2014 (latest)
Windows 7

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: Why can't I ever get external compositing tag solids to line up in Ae?
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 4:18:01 pm

Could be that Cinema is outputting your file at 30 fps rather than the 29.97 fps you are using in you AE project.

At frame 2000 that would be quite a few frames off.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Brad MagnusRe: Why can't I ever get external compositing tag solids to line up in Ae?
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 4:30:23 pm

That's kinda what I thought, but when I set up the render settings I used the HDTV 1080 preset:

And in Ae (at least the test file), I created the comp by dragging the c4d project into it's own comp which should copy all the media settings correct? Any other suggestions on making sure the framerate lines up?

Return to posts index

Brad MagnusRe: Why can't I ever get external compositing tag solids to line up in Ae?
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 6:36:46 pm

Thank God for good friends! I hit up a new buddy of mine (I met at Adobe MAX) and she helped me figure things out. So, even though I had the Render settings at 29.97 and the Ae sequence settings at 29.97 the C4D project settings was at 30. I changed everything to match 30fps and then manually "Interpret Footage" in Ae to force it to 30fps. Extracted the scene via Cineware and voilà...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]