MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Piloting a Star Fury

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mchael MackinnonPiloting a Star Fury
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 8:35:42 pm

Hi Guys
So i am working on a project which has me tearing my hair out, i have a Star Fury and i want to animate it, now anyone who is familiar with this space craft will realise that 16 Engines is not an easy feat to accomplish by hand so i got to thinking what if Xpresso could be used to do this so with my very limited experience i set about trying a few set ups to no avail, so i will roughly outline what i was looking to do and hopefully there is someone with enough Xpresso experience to see what i cant.
so the idea is as follows:
i have rigged the star fury with 16 lights, place them in the correct locations, 4 at the rear 4 at the front 2 on the top 2 on each side and 2 underneath, i link them in expresso to the ships direction and rotation( The Fury will be in a null so all the rotation and direction will affect the null which in turn will affect the ship) i add some user data sliders that control the lights intensity, the light intensity is then connected to the direction and rotation respectively, in theory, when the lights intensity is increased the ship should move forward and keep moving forward untill the intensity is altered, if more intensity is added the ship should move faster and if the intensity is decreased the ship should begin to slow, and increasing the intensity of the lights at the front should have a breaking effect, if this can be made to work then the next version will add the rear engine fins to affect the thrust output but for now i just want to get the thing moving, i have a feeling that i ned to add mathmatical formulas in somewhere, hope someone can help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved