MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Newb question here. How to exit edit mode.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard GarabedainNewb question here. How to exit edit mode.
by on Oct 2, 2014 at 2:50:27 pm
Last Edited By Richard Garabedain on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:01:16 pm

So i needed to move a few vertexes around. Enter edit mode by hitting "C", move the vertexes. But now I'm stuck. I can't seem to exit this mode. I thought i knew how to do this.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Newb question here. How to exit edit mode.
by on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:14:40 pm

You need to enter "Model" mode. In the standard layout it's the second icon from the top at the left side. Or, Tools>Modes>Model

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Newb question here. How to exit edit mode.
by on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:26:50 pm
Last Edited By Richard Garabedain on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:28:26 pm

I do not see a mode section in tools. Isn't the polygon triangle symbol next to object supposed to change when i exit editable mode. Its not.

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Newb question here. How to exit edit mode.
by on Oct 3, 2014 at 12:23:26 pm

Pressing C when a parametric object is selected doesn't enter edit "mode" exactly. What it does is make the parametric object editable, in other words it allows you to edit the points and polygons of the object, which you can't do when it's a parametric object. This is a permanent change to the object, the triangle icon isn't going to go away. It just signifies that the object has been made editable. To get out of "points mode" you need to choose the model tool. It doesn't seem to appear in the Tools menu at the top of the screen, but it's there in the toolbar on the side of the screen if you're using the default layout. You'll see a series of cube icons with various things highlighted to show what they do (points, edges, polygons, etc.). These are the "mode tools" that define what it is you're going to edit. Choose the very top one, that looks like just a cube, and that is the model tool. With that you can move, rotate or scale the entire object.

Jack

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Newb question here. How to exit edit mode.
by on Oct 3, 2014 at 3:08:50 pm

Thanks for your detailed answer. I had thought once you go in to editable mode that you could go back out and increase the number of polygons in the sphere to make it smoother.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]