MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multipass comps look different from Beauty Pass (NOT an AE linear workflow problem)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adhish YajnikMultipass comps look different from Beauty Pass (NOT an AE linear workflow problem)
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 8:37:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea why multipass comps (even in C4D's picture viewer) look different than the single image/beauty pass? Is this by design? I thought the idea of a multipass comp was to replicate the beauty pass right out of the gate, and then allow for finer adjustment from there.

I've searched around a lot for a solution, and everyone says "turn on linear workflow in AE" or "make sure linear workflow is on in C4D/C4D render settings" or some variation thereof. But this problem is still showing up, and it exists when you compare sRGB beauty pass renders to sRGB multipass comps, and it also exists when you compare linear beauty pass renders to linear multipass comps. And it's showing up in C4D's own picture viewer, forget about After Effects!

So it's definitely not an AE linear workflow problem. Just want to answer those replies before they happen. It's a problem with C4D itself.

See below:

sRGB beauty pass:

sRGB multipass:

linear beauty pass:

linear multipass:

I'm running C4D R14 Studio on a Mac Pro with ML 10.8.4

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved