MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Stage Lighting Visualisation Project

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mchael MackinnonStage Lighting Visualisation Project
by on Sep 26, 2014 at 4:00:54 am

hi guys
literally just joined in the hope that someone can help with this problem, i'm working on building a visualisation for stage lighting, the set up is this, i have 8 spot lights, that i have linked to user data sliders to control pan tilt and rotate, those work fine, but, i need to be able to select the lights individually, or in groups, being very new to Xpresso i cannot for the life of me figure out what i can do to be able to have a the ability to select one two three or all the lights selected and only have the rotation affect the selected lights, any help on this would be appreciated. thank you

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Stage Lighting Visualisation Project
by on Sep 27, 2014 at 8:40:03 pm

selecting the lights you want is probably easiest with User Data on a null which contains the xpresso, if a boolean value is used you can check off which lights you want to control. This is a grossly simple example compared to what you would want but here's an example of controlling only the items you select (in the user data of the light controller null).

Return to posts index

Mchael MackinnonRe: Stage Lighting Visualisation Project
by on Sep 28, 2014 at 2:32:55 am

Brian You are officially the father of Jesus christ, thank you so much, it works as i wanted it to, and grossly over simple is what i am striving to keep it, once again thank you , i will post the next stage on her to let you see where im going with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved