MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

hatch material and shadows

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Isaacs
hatch material and shadows
on Sep 24, 2014 at 1:58:09 pm
Last Edited By Ray Isaacs on Sep 24, 2014 at 1:58:37 pm

i missing something somewhere. when i apply a material with a luminance>hatch texture, it renders correctly with "lights" checked under luminance>hatch>illumination. however when "shadows" are added, the hatch is applied to the entire image. (see images)

any suggestions?

cheers,

ray (cd r14, macbook pro, late 2013)

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: hatch material and shadows
on Sep 24, 2014 at 5:41:13 pm

maybe it's physical sky thing since you don't have lights, try using raytraced shadows in the Sun rather than area. Otherwise try lights

Return to posts index

Ray Isaacs
on Sep 24, 2014 at 6:24:53 pm

yes, brian, that was it. thank you! switched the sun shadows to ray-traced and it worked. see attached drawing of actual project.

one detail: the edge of the hatched shadows is real hard. any setting that would make it more relaxed, like the rest of the drawing?

cheers,

ray

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 24, 2014 at 8:09:44 pm

'frazz' the edges of the shadow? Not that I know of, otherwise you can try rotating the hatches (the bottom one not Rotate UV) or put the hatches in a layer and apply a small Distort effect. Either way still has the sharp shadow edge but has a more relaxed feel. -- did some tests and a distort will distort the edges of the shadow but if cranked isn't linear anymore at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]