MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Displaying an Object's Rotation Values and the Timecode in a Realtime MoGraph Text Display

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden MartinDisplaying an Object's Rotation Values and the Timecode in a Realtime MoGraph Text Display
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 3:09:20 pm

Hi Guys

How do I assign the changing numerical values of an object's rotation to a real-time MoGraph Text display?

I need to send data from a virtual robot's axis values to a programmer who will input the values to a real robot.

I also need the real-time timecode in a 30fps format to be created in MoGraph text too...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Displaying an Object's Rotation Values and the Timecode in a Realtime MoGraph Text Display
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 4:55:25 pm

in xpresso feed the rotation you want to watch through a Degree node (set to Radians to Degree) to the Object Properties/Text port of the MoText object. If you don't know xpresso I can send an example.
The time is easy enough if you want frames - same thing feed the Frames port of a Time node the the MoText Text port but if you want seconds:frames it's trickier as the Time node doesn't have a SMPTE out. But it can be constructed. What time output do you need? Just the frame number or something more complex?

Return to posts index

Hayden MartinRe: Displaying an Object's Rotation Values and the Timecode in a Realtime MoGraph Text Display
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 5:03:08 pm

Ah thanks Brian

It'd be great if you can show me an example

And yes, i do need seconds & frames! Cheers

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Displaying an Object's Rotation Values and the Timecode in a Realtime MoGraph Text Display
by on Sep 23, 2014 at 6:34:48 pm

8030_valuetomotext.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]