MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

sketch and toons render instance

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Isaacssketch and toons render instance
by on Sep 19, 2014 at 2:13:57 pm

i places a simple tree object in my model, along with several instances of that object. sketch material is only applied to the original and not the instances. how can i get the sketch material to show on the instances?

thanks for input.

ray

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: sketch and toons render instance
by on Sep 19, 2014 at 4:52:21 pm

it should show unless you have made the instances Render Instances

Return to posts index

Ray IsaacsRe: sketch and toons render instance
by on Sep 19, 2014 at 8:28:04 pm

thanks, brian. how can i check that they are rendered instances and change them if necessary? is there a way to post images on this forum? then i could show exactly what i mean?

cheers,

ray

Return to posts index

by on Sep 20, 2014 at 4:21:06 am

if you are using Instances, Render Instance is a setting in the Object Tab of the instance. It is off by default so unless you checked it on you should have S&T. Maybe you are doing something different. Clones?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2014 at 1:47:26 pm

i uploaded a screen shot. the first, original tree (right) shows sketch and toons outlines (here exaggerated). the others are instances, but do not show the s&t outlines. in the object window, the green checks were on by default. i tried turning them off and changing the display settings (buttons t the left of the checks) but it only turned the trees on and off.

the original model is sent directly from vectorworks. with some altertions in c4d.

thanks for any input.

ray

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2014 at 1:50:07 pm

trouble figuring out the image upload. this is it:

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2014 at 3:47:04 pm

in a simple test here (following your structure - or close to your structure since I can't tell what's inside the Foliage null) it works. Are you sure 'Render Instances' in the the simple tree instances Object tab is not checked?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:55:50 pm

Brian,

when i finally noticed where the "render instance" box is, it was checked just as you suggested.

however, the problem seemed to be in the foliage null object. when the sketch material is applied to the null object, it only shows in the original object (old image). however, when the sketch material is applied to each of the children, then it shows in all instances (as long as render instance is unchecked). that seems like a strange logic. is that as designed?

here is the latest:

thanks for your help.

ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]