MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

HyperNURBS

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina SarentinoHyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 6:37:47 pm

Hey All,

I was hoping someone could help me with a slight issue im having, is there a way for me to apply hyperNURBs to only a selected part of an object?? Or on the same object exclude a part where i dont want the hypernurbs to affect it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: HyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 10:04:53 pm

There's no adaptive subdivision in Cinema so you can't dynamically change mesh density. But you can control the smoothing in a couple of ways. With HyperNURBS (now called Subdivision Surface) you can add weighting to polygons, edges, and points. You do that by first selecting the parts you want to adjust and then holding down the period key while holding down the LMB and dragging.

Another approach would be to use the Smoothing Deformer. For this you first need to subdivide your mesh. With the deformer you can use falloff or you can control the smoothing with a vertex map tag.

Return to posts index

Gina SarentinoRe: HyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 10:06:48 pm

Thanks for the response Adam, what exactly is the LMB and i tried holding down the period key and moving the edge nothing happened.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: HyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 11:23:15 pm

LMB = left mouse button. On a Mac I guess it's just MB. :)

Is your geometry in a HN object? If it is then you should see weighting taking effect.

Return to posts index

Gina SarentinoRe: HyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 11:24:35 pm

Thanks for the help Adam ill give it a shot and get back to you.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: HyperNURBS
by on Sep 10, 2014 at 11:32:01 pm

yeah but it just works :-) ...There haven't been any single button mice for a while now. The most common one looks like a single surface but it's LMB, RMB and scroll pad all wrapped into one

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]