MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Upgrading from R12

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily BroadUpgrading from R12
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 9:34:55 am

I have OS 10.6.8 on my Mac and use Cinema 4D R12 but would like to use X-Particles so require a newer version - I will eventually update my OS so I can get C4D R16 but for now is there a way I can pay to upgrade to R13, 14 or 15 on my current OS?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Upgrading from R12
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:21:39 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:22:38 pm

As far as I can tell, Maxon resellers like Toolfarm only sell upgrades from 13, 14, and 15 to R16. There does not seem to be any way to purchase an upgrade for R12, but perhaps you should contact Maxon directly in case they do offer such a thing. If they do, I would strongly suspect that you will need to upgrade to R16 and would not have the option of any intermediate upgrades. As far as X-Particles is concerned, if you're not already aware of it, their upcoming versions will no longer support R13 so it might be a good time to bite the bullet and not only upgrade your OS, but purchase R16 as well. If you plan on eventually purchasing R16 anyway, why not avoid multiple upgrades and get the latest and greatest?

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Emily BroadRe: Upgrading from R12
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 3:41:53 pm

Thanks Jim. I have already contacted Maxon regarding getting hold of R13 onwards, but they said they can only offer R16.

I didn't know about upcoming versions of X-Particles no longer being supported by R13 - thanks for the warning. That sways me further towards biting the bullet, as you say, and getting a new OS and C4D.

Many thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:44:36 pm

Glad to help.

From's "News" page:

1. The Standard version of X-Particles has been discontinued from May 22nd 2014 and is no longer available for sale. Therefore in V3, there will be no Standard version. The Professional and Floating Licence versions will, of course, continue.

2. From V3 onwards X-Particles will 64-bit only - that is, no 32-bit version will be produced.

3. V3 will no longer be available for CINEMA 4D R13. By the time of release R13 will be three years out of date, and the effort required to support it is way out of proportion to the number of people buying XP to use with R13.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 5, 2015 at 3:33:35 pm

Just saw this update today on the X-Particles website:

"The current Open Beta of X-Particles is not available for CINEMA 4D R13, however we will be making a later Open Beta compatible with R13 and the final X-Particles 3 will support CINEMA 4D R13. X-Particles 3 will only be available in 64-bit."

It looks like they changed their minds. Great news for us R13 users.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved