MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cannot re-size the Magnet tool

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clark CooperCannot re-size the Magnet tool
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 3:15:38 am

I'm using R13. I've been going through some tutorials and came across something that isn't working right. Using the Magnet tool, I should be able to use the bracket keys [ and ] to re-size the tool (similar to Photoshop brush re-sizing). But hitting the bracket keys does absolutely nothing.

Is there a setting that I'm missing, or inadvertently turned off somewhere along the way?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cannot re-size the Magnet tool
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 3:07:25 pm
Last Edited By Adam Trachtenberg on Sep 5, 2014 at 3:08:51 pm

Could be you were following a tutorial from a different version? In any case, you can assign the keys to the commands if you want to. To do that, open the Command Manager (Windows menu, or right-click on any icon and select "edit palettes"). The command names are "increase brush size" and "decrease brush size". There's a field at the lower-right of the Command Manager that allows to you assign custom shortcut keys.

Also, I can't remember if this was there in R13, but in R14+ you can hold down the MMB and drag up/down to resize or drag right/left to adjust strength.

Return to posts index

Clark CooperRe: Cannot re-size the Magnet tool
by on Sep 6, 2014 at 2:49:06 am

Thank you, Adam. But nothing is working. It's as if the feature has been locked by some other mutually exclusive setting elsewhere in the program. My commands are still set to the defaults in the command editor ([ and ], or < and > (actually , and .))

Has anybody run into this before? Any suggestions, other settings that might prevent the Magnet tool from re-sizing either from the keyboard or with the mouse?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cannot re-size the Magnet tool
by on Sep 6, 2014 at 3:34:34 am

in 14 and up brush size (and softness) is controlled by the middle mouse button and moving up/down for softness and left/right for size. The shortcuts for brush size don't work for the magnet in 10.5, 12 or 13... maybe they apply to something else.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 6, 2014 at 4:31:54 pm

Thank you for clarifying, Brian. So is there another way to re-size the Magnet tool besides a shortcut key? Or am I stuck with a massive, one-size, and fairly useless Magnet?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cannot re-size the Magnet tool
by on Sep 6, 2014 at 6:04:53 pm
Last Edited By Adam Trachtenberg on Sep 6, 2014 at 6:10:41 pm

You can adjust the size (radius) in the attributes manager when the tool is active.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 7, 2014 at 7:43:40 pm

That's the ticket! Thank you, Adam!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]