MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[Advice Needed] - Underwater Displacement Effect: Person Jumping Into a Lake

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Haynes[Advice Needed] - Underwater Displacement Effect: Person Jumping Into a Lake
by on Sep 4, 2014 at 3:06:25 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to know if it is possible to create a water simulation in C4D (or other 3D program) that will look like the shot in History Channel's Houdini:

Happens at the :10 mark.

I am going to film a person in a bathtub and have them look like they just jumped off a bridge into a lake.

So far, my thoughts are to create a simple human form and animate them passing through a water body and composite the live action footage in place of the 3d human model.

My only hiccup is creating the aerated water displacement that occurs when an object crashes through the surface of water at a high speed and travels downwards.

I suppose I could fake it with a smoke/cloud billowing simulation to give it the same look, but I would like it to actually be created inside of the water.

I hope that makes sense to everyone. If anyone has any experience with this kind of effect or advice on how to create such an effect, it would be most appreciated. Also if this can't be done in C4D and is exclusive to Houdini or a similar program (my fear), let me know.

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved