MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

problem highlights pop on/off

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy McKenzieproblem highlights pop on/off
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 2:33:20 pm

This is kind of annoying the material in combination with the way my polygon moves is causing highlights to pop on and off quickly. I think I understand why it is happening, but I'm not sure how to eliminate or at least reduce it. Correct me please if I'm wrong, but it seems to happen as a flat surface become perpendicular with a light source.

I included a sample movie in the link below. I need to create this look with hard-lined polygons, but I hope I can get rid of the highlights popping on/off.

Example: look for the white highlights the pop on/off in a matter of 1 or 2 frames:

I did a render last night with no material at all and highlights still pop on/off. See the link below.

Im starting to wonder if it is a polygon issue. Anyone else ever notice how when polygons overlap sometimes it causes weird things like artifacting and such? I would love to know what causes that and if it is correctable too.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: problem highlights pop on/off
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 3:18:34 pm

Do you have a phong tag on your object? If so I would delete it. It can cause shading errors as neighboring polygons pass through the set phong angle.

If that doesn't do it I would use a material with the specular channel turned off.

Return to posts index

Roy McKenzieRe: problem highlights pop on/off
by on Sep 3, 2014 at 6:11:43 pm

It was the phong tag, funny I was trying to mess with that. I had the angle set to "0" so I could get the hard surfaces. I come out about as good with it gone though, so many thanks!

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved