MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Weight Tag accidentally deleted

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Weight Tag accidentally deleted
on Aug 31, 2014 at 10:12:27 pm

Hi All,
I have a group of meshes that I'm using 1 joint chain to drive.
It's a human body, the meshes are skin, muscle, skeleton, circulatory, etc. I want to do animations, and mix between, or layer the various objects. Everything has been working fine, until this big problem -
I spent quite a while getting the skin object weighted the way I want. I have then been using vamp, and tweaking the weights for the other objects. While doing this, I accidentally deleted the weight from the original Skin object. I can't find a way to get that back. I have an earlier backed up version of that tag which is correct, but I can't find a way to get it into the current scene file? I've tried copying, but it always references the original joint chain. Have I screwed myself, and have to redo the weighting?
I know I could use Vamp to transfer back from another object, but then I'm back to tweaking again. Any suggestions on getting the old tag weights back into the current object?

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
Re: Weight Tag accidentally deleted
on Aug 31, 2014 at 10:42:40 pm

Ok, answered my own question -
I opened the old file, and from the weights table, I saved the weights to a text file. I then Opened the new file, and loaded those weights. That did the trick.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]