MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

manual update R15.057?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg C Neumayer
manual update R15.057?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:09:01 pm

I've been having crashing issues with C4D R15.057 (Broadcast) on my Mac computer, so after repairing permissions (to no avail), I've re-installed R15.

Once complete, I'm now on R15.008, so naturally I went to update, and the Help>Updates> box said "there are no updates available."

How can I get myself back up and running with the most current version? I've also tried downloading the .057 update, but I'm not sure how to manually install it. It's not a regular .iso / install file.

Thanks,
Greg

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
Re: manual update R15.057?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:16:33 pm

BTW, selecting "Manual installation" has me select the update file I downloaded, then simply shows me the Online Updater screen, with the same "there are no updates" message. This sounds buggy to me. I'm restarting everything and trying again.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:16:50 pm

It might be a preferences thing, open the preferences folder (Edit/Preferences/Open Preferences Folder...) and toss everything (perhaps, since it's a reinstall). Shut down C4D and restart. Does that do anything? FYI plugins are more normally the problem with crashing,if you encounter crashing again, try removing plugins...

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:35:14 pm

Just tried it, but no luck.
There aren't any plug-ins, now that this is a fresh install...

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:41:42 pm

I noticed that the "previous updates" window still shows the previously installed .057 update. Is there a chance that the updater is kicking off because it thinks it's already installed this? (although it should let me re-install if desired.)
How can I clear the update record? (since I already deleted prefs)

Thanks,
Greg

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 25, 2014 at 8:57:27 pm

there is an Updates folder in the preferences folder, it must be in there. It you toss the entire contents of the folder (for that matter why not toss the whole ~/Library/Preferences/Maxon folder?) then Quit (if it's running) and restart C4D

Return to posts index

Greg C Neumayer
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:39:45 pm

Ok, problem fixed:
C4D thought it was already updated to .057 even though it was .008, so it kept bailing on the updater.

I repaired permissions for good measure, then per tech support:
I trashed prefs, then re-did a full install, which then prompted an update install to .057.

Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]