MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Un-minimize Windows (OSX)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Walker
Un-minimize Windows (OSX)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 3:12:25 pm

This happens with the Render Queue and the Help Viewer. Once minimized I can't get them to recover with shortcuts or direct menu selections.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Un-minimize Windows (OSX)
on Aug 18, 2014 at 10:32:23 pm

that happens with the Picture Viewer too, I haven't reported it myself but we all should likely. Unless someone else knows something....

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:07:59 am

did some testing, if you try and un-minimize the window (Help, Picture viewer etc) by selecting it by right clicking on the C4D icon in the Dock (the usual way) and choosing the window in the list there it will appear briefly then disappear but if you don't do that and choose Show All Windows when right-clicking on the icon in the dock then choose from the windows that show up you get your window back. This is true for OS X 10.10 beta (at home - I'll have to test this on 10.9 at work tomorrow)... and C4D is the only app I have that behaves in this way..
This is true for R15, R14, R13, R12 but not for R10.5 - that works the way it should - I don't remember this problem back in R13 so I'm guessing a combo of a change in the OS and the way C4D deals with windows but at least the window can be retrieved by using the Show All Windows... off to report.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 19, 2014 at 8:58:47 pm

Maxon could not reproduce the problem so I did more digging and I seem to have figured it out - I have two displays connected and in 'System Preferences/Mission Control/Displays have separate spaces' is checked. If I uncheck that (and log out/in) un-minimizing works like it should.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 4, 2014 at 9:58:17 pm

follow up: it's working properly in R16 now

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]