MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cmotion Character along surface

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lothar WielandCmotion Character along surface
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 1:52:43 pm

Hello, the surface in this case is a stair. A character with cmotion route animated walking down a stair model. I have added the stair in the surface option of route. This works fine with the exception the feets are partwise cutting the edges of the stairs. Does anyone has an idea to solve this problem to avoid intersections in this case?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cmotion Character along surface
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:01:53 pm

One way to address it would be to generate steps using the CMotion object. That automatically creates targets for each foot/step. The targets can be manually adjusted and the feet will follow them.

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Cmotion Character along surface
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 6:36:20 pm

Thanks for your reply, i already use cmotion for it...and i.e. stairs could be a landsscape. I want prevent the character from stepping into the ground. In the simple case its a stair...but the character is a duck, so the feet are curving...- I want to achieve a collission detection which prevents from intersection. Like in the dynamics tags rigid/colllider function. But these are not working together with the cmotion. What I'm missing is an automatic collission detection mechanism...I think c4d dont has that.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cmotion Character along surface
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 8:18:44 pm

No, there is no physics-based collision detection with cmotion, but it does have a built in "surface" option under the cmotion>route tab. Are you already using that? If so that should get you close to where you need to be. You can adjust offsets and other parameters to fine tune it. And if that's still not getting it, as I mentioned, you can generate steps which allows you to manually position individual footsteps when necessary.

Return to posts index

Lothar WielandRe: Cmotion Character along surface
by on Aug 18, 2014 at 8:35:22 pm

this is exactly the case. As I wrote: ' I have added the stair in the surface option of route. ' So it works fine the stairs up and down in each spead everything ok, but the duck feets are intersecting with sharp edges of the stairs...not at each step, but on some steps... so I'm still looking for a solution which determines the detection automatically and prevents from intersecting....The 'manual' method is ok if no variations on the stair or character is valid..., but f.e. I vary the size of the feets, its hard to check each step manually..., so finally i leave it as it is, waiting for collission detection enabler sometime... :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]