MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cloning along defined edge of a live sweep nurbes object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manojit ghosecloning along defined edge of a live sweep nurbes object
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 11:17:48 pm

is there a way to clone an object along the defined edges of live sweep nurbes object. i am seeking to clone them with equal spacing irrespective of length of the edges (for example of a rectangle - please see image)

thanks!

MG

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: cloning along defined edge of a live sweep nurbes object
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 7:15:07 am

it looks like you are cloning along the sweep spine, in the Cloner set Distribution to Step (with the right distance) or even with the right count and it should give you what I think you want

Return to posts index

manojit ghoseRe: cloning along defined edge of a live sweep nurbes object
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 9:28:19 am

i am looking to acheive something like this...

thanks
m.

MG

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2014 at 5:21:58 pm

Live Edge? You are going to be changing the dimensions of the sweep objects on the fly?

Return to posts index

manojit ghoseRe: cloning along defined edge of a live sweep nurbes object
by on Aug 9, 2014 at 5:59:25 pm

yes,i would like to have the option of changing the profile curve of the sweep and have the clones update.

MG

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2014 at 9:13:59 pm

it's easy enough to pull a spline off a nurb (of any sort) with the Correction deformer (and usually a Connect object) but that is a non-animated spline.
There is a plugin called Smart Outline that potentially could give you an offset spline automatically but it crashes my R15 on startup so I can't tell you anything more about that. Otherwise you could copy the spline and add the profile and sweep spine sizes together with xpresso (lr use one of the MoGraph modifiers possibly)and feed that to the copied spline but the corners having different orientation (45° to the other clones) would be tough I would think.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]