MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DonaldsonR15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 1:48:42 pm

Hello,

I've been having a problem when rendering in C4D. Whenever I render a long sequence in the Picture Viewer, the render "stops" before all frames are finished. For example, say I was rendering 500 frames. It would render to frame 350 and then the status bar in the bottom left corner would be stuck on preparing until I stopped the render. I leave my computer on overnight at work to render, but I have my computer set to never sleep.

I've bee using the standard and physical renderers. All my projects have GI, Ambient Inclusion, and Glow tabs checked.

There were some suggestions in other threads and on other forums as to what could be causing the problem. Someone suggested my physical memory was filling up, but this computer has 48 Gbs of RAM so I doubt that's the case. I also tried baking my animations. but the problem still persists.

I'm fairly new to Cinema, so I really don't know what to do from her. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: R15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 2:44:58 pm

what OS? What CPU?

Return to posts index

Dan DonaldsonRe: R15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 3:05:58 pm

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5

2x2.66 GHz 6-Core intel Xeon

48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: R15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 10:05:35 pm

10.75 is the minimum for the upcoming R16 so that has to be good enough, I've never run across anything like that, I'd send the problem into Support on the Maxon site, perhaps it's something they know about

Return to posts index

Dan DonaldsonRe: R15 Crash while rendering in the Picture Viewer
by on Aug 11, 2014 at 1:00:24 pm

Will do. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]