MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

2D Dynamics C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Cameron2D Dynamics C4D
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 1:22:32 am

This Question has been asked before, I'm looking for a way of constraining 1 dimension in C4D dynamics, i.e. Y axis, to create a flat dynamic treatment like the results you get from Newton in After effects. While Newton is fantastic for certain applications, it is too much of a destructive way of working also C4D's dynamic system has a much better array of dynamics I ned to get my job done i'e negative attractors creating resistance , dynamic springs keeping everything together. If I could knock out the movement in Y and the rotation in X and Z I could create a perfect scenario for myself.

Why not just go for the easiest option? I want to create usuable data for a Dev team building an interactive screen as well as creating a demonstrative animation.

I have it working already, squashed spheres between two plates, and my final shapes PSR'd to these spheres with Y movement and XZ Rot off, however I'm missing some rotation and an ability to get dynamics from my final animated shapes.....Long one I know but getting dynamics to work only on X and Z axis would solve all of my issues.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: 2D Dynamics C4D
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 7:17:38 pm

It would be a pain to set up if you have a lot of objects, but it's technically possible to do using a combination of a planar connector and a hinge connector.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved