MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animating complex modelling shapes without PLA

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
Animating complex modelling shapes without PLA
on Jul 27, 2014 at 7:54:19 am

hello,

I have been wondering this for a while. I would like to animate using primitives , for example, using the Slice option of a cilinder, but adding to this cilinder some geometry changing the modelling, without converting it to a polygon. In the beginning I thought maybe the Correction deformer would give me that, but I realized that this deformer does not allow Extrude and other modelling tools on the displacement.

In this ad, in the end, there is a guy lifting some weights. The models of the weights are done by some cilinder, and i think they use the Slice option, but as you can see the modelling has as well some geometry .

https://vimeo.com/100573176

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Animating complex modelling shapes without PLA
on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:07:51 pm

the shape could be a spline swept along a circle. The apparamt modelling on the outside could be a texture

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 27, 2014 at 11:48:37 pm

Or it could be a straight geometry deformed by a bend, wrap, or spline wrap deformer.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:42:06 am

Hey guys,

thanks for the replies, all of those were really awesome options. My goal was keeping the geometry of something complicated based in a any primitive and keep using the primitive to animate. Usually you need to convert to polygons to create geometry from a primitive, so then you have no option to animate using the primitive functions.

So this is what i did, I did a primitive when the shape more or less I want, I duplicate and convert into polygon and then I create all the complicate geometry I want. With the original primitive I animate it using any of the option, for example, slice in a cylinder. Then I use a Boole object to animate in or animate out the primitive transition over the geometry. Later of course you could use deformer and so on.

I hope it helps, if anyone wants the file, please let me know.

All the best!
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]