MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Quick Question about F-Curve

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane RobertsonQuick Question about F-Curve
by on Jul 22, 2014 at 9:33:35 am

I have a camera set up to move in one direction slowly, then gain speed over time. I figured I would just make a simple curve to make the camera pick up speed, but im having trouble with the curves. I made a curve for the two key frames involved. It should make the camera gain speed, then maintain that speed for the duration of the animation, but it eventually slows down for some reason. The pic I attached has the info on it. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Quick Question about F-Curve
by on Jul 22, 2014 at 2:37:28 pm

I can't tell from the screen shot. I see you've keyframed the null that the camera presumably resides in. Is there anything inside the null that also has keyframes on it?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Quick Question about F-Curve
by on Jul 22, 2014 at 2:39:54 pm

to keep moving the curve needs to keep rising. That starts slowly (gentle slope on the left) speeds up but just before 240-ish levels off (slowing down) and stops entirely (flat line after 240-ish).
You either have to move the camera further out in space for the keyframe around 490 so the curve is a straight rising line between them (constant speed) or get rid of position keyframes for the camera after 240 and in the timeline select the camera (or the Null the camera is in if you are key framing that as I'm guessing) then use Functions/Track After/Continue After - then you just adjust the handle of the keyframe at 240 to get the straight rising line.

Return to posts index

Shane RobertsonRe: Quick Question about F-Curve
by on Jul 22, 2014 at 8:13:27 pm

Great, that worked! Thanks for the quick response guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved