MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Looping a vibrate tag

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory FlynnLooping a vibrate tag
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:03:40 pm

Hi,

I have an object witch I want to move randomly around like its hovering in mid air. I have achieved this by using a vibrate tag. The movement is perfect, but the problem is I want it to loop perfectly. So, I tried a variety of things and have searched the internet and the best method I seemed to find was to bake out the movement on the vibrate tag to keyframes and then copy the first keyframe to the end. This sounded great, but when I copy the keyframe to the end, the position and rotation of the object is not the same as at the start.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Looping a vibrate tag
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 10:51:02 pm

It's not quite that easy, I'm afraid. I would bake the position keyframes and then place a null or other marker at the start position. When the object gets reasonably close to that position towards the end of the animation, select the keyframes after that point and delete them. Then copy the first keyframe to the end of the animation. That should give you a reasonable loop but there will be a slight hickup because the first and last keyframes are the same.

To get rid of that, go to the second-to-last frame of the animation, set a keyframe, delete the last keyframe, and move the keyframe you just created to the last frame.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Looping a vibrate tag
by on Jul 18, 2014 at 11:31:27 pm

Further to my previous post.... A good way to smooth out the transition is to set your object's position track to After>Repeat. Then set the timeline to f-curve mode and manually adjust the end keyframes of the X/Y/Z curves so that the curves flow smoothly into the start of the animation.

Return to posts index

Rory FlynnRe: Looping a vibrate tag
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 10:14:58 am

Thank you Adam for replying so swiftly. I will give this all ago today.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2014 at 11:04:13 am

Hmmm...

I have tried this, but it's not solved the problem unfortunately. Basically the issue seems to be when i copy the keyframes from the start to the end they are not the same. I am not worried about the frame being duplicated at the seem. Basically when i copy the keyframes the rotation is very different at the end and the position seems to be a bit different as well. Looking in the actual coordinates on that object, the position and rotation is all wrong. It doesn't make sense to me. It seems like its not actually copying it.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2014 at 11:35:53 am

I solved it finally. What I didn't realise (but I should have) was that you obviously need to turn of or remove your vibrate tag once you have baked your keyframes. So it was applying double vibration, hence why the keyframes didn't look the same when I copied them.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]