MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Flicker-Free left to right movement

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean boweringFlicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 6:42:57 pm

hi there

i'm hoping someone who has come across this problem can help me out:

i have a bunch of flat panels moving left to right across screen. no GI, no AO, no lighting, just simple flat colour against a white background. when i render it looks fine scrubbing thru, frame-by-frame. but when i playback in QT or AE it throws in a thin band on the right hand side of each colour panel, in-between each frame, which gives a nasty flicker effect. it looks like each panel has a beveled edge or drop shadow...

i've tried motion blur, physical renderer from within C4D, and also CC Force Motion blur from within AE - no difference....

here's the C4D r14 file attached if anyone can help me out?

7739_lefttorightpanels.c4d.zip

many thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Flicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 12:54:48 am

does it stop if you set Fields to None in the render settings?

Return to posts index

sean boweringRe: Flicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 12:42:38 pm

hi there. alas, no.

any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Flicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 5:02:51 pm

I don't see flashing when I render it here. Maybe it's got something to do with your interlace settings? Why are you rendering interlaced, anyway?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2014 at 5:21:41 pm

i didn't think i was... "fields = none" - that's the correct render setting, right? or have i missed something?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Flicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 5:57:32 pm

I don't see the flickering you're talking about either. I wonder if it's something to do with your monitor and the speed they're moving.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:02:57 pm

ah thank you, that could be the problem. i just tried setting this up in AE with particular and it gave the same (even more extreme) results.

i have a couple of Dell U2713H monitors set to 60 hertz refresh rate... 2560x1440. is that good/bad?

i don't know anything about refresh rates and horizontal movement... does anyone have any experience with that?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Flicker-Free left to right movement
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:08:51 pm

If it were an issue with judder, I would expect that I would see it on my end too. (Look up info on judder if you aren't familiar with it. Anybody involved in motion graphics should be aware of it.)

Those monitors should be good. Perhaps your graphics driver needs to be updated.

It could be your eyes too. We all see things differently. Grab a co-worker or friend and have them take a look.

I'm rapidly running out of guesses, can you tell?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:54:10 pm

no, that's all good advice. thank you! i tried a playbook on a macbook air and it looked fine, so i think its a monitor problem. but as i have no idea what the clients' playback screens will be, i guess i still need to figure out a way round it...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]