MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Gravity and Logos

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bronson HooverC4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 3:34:32 pm

Hi all - I have an illustrator logo that I'm trying to animate in C4D R13 Broadcast. The logo is prepared correctly and looks great inside C4D.

What I'm trying to do is have one of the objects fall, bounce a little bit, and land in place. I've used a cloner, set up rigid bodies, etc. The bounce and fall are all working great. But - is there a way to essentially animate backwards? I could use negative gravity, render out, then time-reverse in AE. But that wouldn't create the cool bounce.

Point is - I need the final animation to look like the correct logo. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

++bronson

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 14, 2014 at 9:12:18 pm

Why don't you render the animation you already have and reverse it in AE?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 5:40:10 pm

I think he's saying he wants things to fall, bounce, and land in the shape of a logo.

I think we are going to need some more info in order to help better.

For example, are we talking shards of debris that have the logo printed on them, various colored pieces that need to be in the shape of the logo, or are we talking about specific objects that must be in some sort of pattern?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:08:36 pm

I suspect he wants stuff to fall with dynamics but then wants it to end up where he wants but not where dynamics puts them...

Return to posts index

Bronson HooverRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:35:28 pm

Exactly what Brian said. No shards, no explosions. I just want the final frame to be the logo in position.

Does that help? Thanks!

++bronson

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:38:16 pm

[Bronson Hoover] " No shards, no explosions. I just want the final frame to be the logo in position.

Does that help?"

Not really. You know what the logo looks like and how you've got it modeled. We have no idea. I'm assuming it's not just a plane with your logo in the color channel of the texture, but I don't even know that.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Bronson HooverRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 6:42:46 pm

OK - forget the logo. Let me ask this question stripped down to the bare bones. Is there a way to control the dynamic's final frame. In other words, if I have a floor, and I have an object (a polygon, etc.), can I have the object fall on the floor, bounce a little bit, then land in a position that I control? I realize that this is unnatural and that gravity doesn't work this way in the real world. But surely there's a work around to the laws of nature here.

Does that help? Thanks for sticking with me guys.

++bronson

Return to posts index

by on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:47:52 pm

I can think of a couple of solutions to this.

1. Use the dynamics for some bouncing and then have your hand-animation take over. (Follow animation control in the dynamics tag.)

2. Play around with dynamics for a placeholder object so that it falls roughly where you want it to. Make your object a child of the bouncing one and adjust the rotation so that it's facing the direction you want at the end of the bouncing.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Gravity and Logos
by on Jul 16, 2014 at 2:46:55 am

in the Dynamics Body tag Force tab is Follow Position and Follow Rotation, they are there so you can keyframe movement of an object and then mix it with dynamics. I think the intent is to have something following a path but reacting to things it hits. I don't know if it can be used o make things arrive at a spot like you want (it's probably not easy, you are not the first person to ask the question) but it might be possible. The bits I do know is if Follow Position/Rotation are at zero you get pure dynamics. If you slide it up to 100% if follows the animation very oddly (jerky) but even at 1% it will start following your keyframed motion, loosely at first, and it appears to follow an animation path completely as low as 20%-ish - until it hits something which is a collider then it bounces out of the path and comes back... whether you can get this to do what you want (by increasing the values near the end, I'm guessing) I don't know but it's there FWIW

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2014 at 1:14:26 pm

You could also use attractors and such to pull falling objects into position.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]