MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

A problem with hair and cloners...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Alessi
A problem with hair and cloners...
on Jul 10, 2014 at 8:07:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and am looking for some suggestions to a problem I am having.
I have a simple pill shaped object, added hair, generated the hair to have some dimension and hit play. Beautiful, the hair falls on okay and moves naturally.

The problem occurs when I place the object and it's hair in a cloner and try to get some motion out of the entire thing. The hair remains in place and doesn't follow the object as it moves. I realize this occurs because I generated a shape, but that's the only way to get the look I'm after, as without it, the hair is very flat. Is this an effect of the hairs dynamics or something else?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
-Vincent

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: A problem with hair and cloners...
on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:49:23 pm

put the object into the cloner, then put the cloner in a Connect object and add hair to the Connect object

Return to posts index

Vincent Alessi
on Jul 11, 2014 at 3:59:21 pm

Hi Brian, Thank you for the suggestion. I'm finding it still doesn't remain rooted to the object. I tried attaching a scene file for an example, bit I must be doing something wrong. :P
Thanks agian.
-Vincent

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 11, 2014 at 4:58:37 pm

the hair has to be attached to the Connect object. You have to clone and only Add Hair with the Connect object selected. You are cloning an object that already has hair on it.

Return to posts index

Vincent Alessi
on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:37:29 pm

Thank you so much, my friend. That did the trick.
-Vincent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]