Walk Cycle loop in a forward direction?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Huang
Walk Cycle loop in a forward direction?
on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:07:21 am
Last Edited By Simon Huang on Jul 9, 2014 at 10:08:02 am

Hey guys,

How do I create a walk cycle loop of a character in a forward motion so that the walk cycle is longer? So far, it is only 30 frames long....

I am currently using bvh motion files for the character's animations. Is it possible to create a walk cycle loop in the forward direction?

Any tips/ tutorials or links would be appreciated! thanks!

Return to posts index

Simon Huang
Re: Walk Cycle loop in a forward direction?
on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:14:34 am

Please does anyone got any ideas?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 11, 2014 at 3:31:50 am

If you select the tracks with the animation you want to repeat in the Timeline, you can choose Functions/Track After/Repeat After (in the Timeline window) and set it to repeat the animation as many time as you want (unless you are after something else then we'd have to know more).

Return to posts index

Simon Huang
on Jul 29, 2014 at 2:36:05 am
Last Edited By Simon Huang on Jul 29, 2014 at 2:44:41 am

hey, thanks for your reply! Haven't been on for a while.

I have changed the layout to "animation." In the timeline, i have highlighted all the key frames. However, when i navigate to Functions> Track before/ track after, and change to "repeat after" or something, what it does is that it repeats everything.. I mean, it moves backward and repeats that cycle, not forward.

And, by the way, i have used bvh motion files for the animation if that helps.... If anyone link me any tutorials or anything on that, it would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 29, 2014 at 3:25:59 am

you don't select the keyframes, only the track (or multiple tracks - or even the object if you want all the animated tracks it contains to repeat it acts a lot like the OM)

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 29, 2014 at 3:42:04 pm

Right, and the correct mode is "Offset Repeat". Repeat will just loop the same animation, but offset repeat will loop the animation starting from the end point instead of the start point.

Return to posts index

Simon Huang
on Aug 2, 2014 at 11:28:25 am

Ok,i have set After to "repeat" for a different character's animation and played around with it for a while, working really fine.

However, for this specific model, although i have set it to "off-set repeat" it still didn't work. i think it's because i need to know the full walk cycle of my character whether the walk cycle finishes/ ends at a specific frame. Perhaps, that is the problem.

Please click on the file below and make any changes to it and let me know :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?a9ratj5rx4krxjw

Thanks so much again!

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Aug 2, 2014 at 5:37:15 pm

A couple problems in your file:

1. The first keyframe looks like a rest pose and has nothing to do with the jogging animation. Delete all keys on frame 0;

2. There's no perfect loop within the keyframes you have. You get a pretty good loop by deleting all the keyframes after frame 22, but if you loop it repeatedly it starts to break down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]