MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan AingeProblem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 6:13:56 pm

Been trying to get this wood floor texture to stick to this bending spline to no avail.

Tried everything to get it to work with this set up - stick texture, flat mapping, cubic mapping. Need the individual boards of the wood to roll back, like in the animation, and have the texture stick to the boards much better than it's doing now.

Any thoughts?

Attached the project file below.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=98794988749040315350

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Problem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:59:44 pm

I don't understand why you need three cloners for that. Seems like it would be a lot more straight forward with just one:

7717_testroll.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Ryan AingeRe: Problem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still
by on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:26:07 pm

Thanks for the help Adam. I agree your scene is much simpler, but I want to keep the wood as individual planks if possible to add some detail to my scene. I've simplified my scene with 1 cloner as you suggested, and unfortunately the texture still won't stick even with the tag. Is it not possible to achieve this with my current set up?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=37605560063265258476

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Problem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 3:37:10 am

I'm not sure why it isn't working in your file, but it does work if you just clone the planks in a line and then deform the cloner instead of cloning onto a spline and then deforming the spline. What am I missing here? Why do you want to do it the more complicated way that doesn't work instead of the direct way that does work?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2014 at 4:19:26 am

Okay, figured it out. The stick texture tag isn't the thing to use for cloners, which have their own Fix Texture setting (Object tab). It's a bit tricky, however, as it doesn't play well with the cloner's transform properties. You need to first clear out the rotations in the transform tab and then adjust the rotation of the cloned object itself so that things are lined up properly. Once that's sorted, set the cloner's fix texture mode to "Straight" and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Ryan AingeRe: Problem with texture slipping on bend deformer. Tried stick texture tag and using flat and cubic mapping. Not working still
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 6:23:16 am

Awesome, thanks Adam! Didn't realize there was a fix texture tag on cloners. I just unchecked "Fix Clone" and was able to move the cubes around freely before I used the cloner's fix texture. You just made a designer and client happy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]