MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

About to start a new project

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten KoppAbout to start a new project
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 8:34:03 am

Hi guys,

Recently one of my clients asked me if I could create something like this:

Besides being an After Effects user I know my way around in Cinema 4D. But I have not yet created a visualization of a building like in the sample video. Because I am very confident I can pull it off I tolled him I wanted to take the project.

But my question to you guys is how many hours do you think I need to spend to get close to a final result as shown in the Youtube video?

I am a intermediate Cinema 4D user.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers!
Marten

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassourRe: About to start a new project
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 11:24:23 am

that actually not that hard its only going to take time to model and render. animation are simple just a camera animation if you already have buildings and interior objects ready it can be done in no time

Return to posts index

Marten KoppRe: About to start a new project
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:24:54 pm

Thank you for your reply. I know it aint that hard. But how much time would you need to build something like this?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: About to start a new project
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 1:32:58 pm

It depends on how much modeling you'll have to do. If you have all of the assets and they're already textured, then it could take a week or less to set it up for rendering. If you plan on modeling and texturing all the buildings, terrains, furniture, lighting fixtures, etc., it could take a month or longer. Since you'll probably want to render at least the interiors with GI you'll probably want to budget for a render farm as ti would take a very long time to render on one or two machines. If you don't have experience with interior GI lighting it could take a good while to get the right settings to balance speed/quality.

So ... it depends.

Return to posts index

nizaryos nassourRe: About to start a new project
by on Jun 27, 2014 at 8:00:57 pm

it depend on your work flow how good are you with cinema 4d since you are a intermediate as you said are you good in modeling texturing animating rendering ??? if that ok than it should not take more than one month in addition to rendering maybe a little more or maybe less

Return to posts index

Jiggy GatonRe: About to start a new project
by on Jun 28, 2014 at 12:44:43 pm

"it can be done in no time" Ha! maybe the creation part, but the render time at that quality will take longer than the work no? I'm too cheap to use rendering service, so I set up a render farm in my office (V13 & net renderer) so while a single frame shot is not an issue, getting animations rendered takes a fair amount of days. Best of luck!

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]