MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

i can't locate tools

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Heyward
i can't locate tools
on Jun 19, 2014 at 3:35:43 pm

I've been going through tutorials on C4D, and I feel like I'm learning a lot, but I must have missed something or hit a key that I shouldn't have, bc I can't seem to find any tools like the Extrude, Knife, etc. I understand that there are modes like Point/Edge/Polygon, and I understand there are parametric objects that can be made editable via the Make Editable button, but it doesn't matter what I do with these buttons. I still can't seem to find any tools other than the Move, Scale, Rotate, and Selection tools. I've tried to right-click in the Viewport, with objects selected and unselected. I've tried looking in Main Menu/Tools and Main Menu/Mesh. I've tried deleting my preferences folder, but that doesn't solve me problem either. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ronny Traufeller
Re: i can't locate tools
on Jun 19, 2014 at 4:08:22 pm

can you maybe just reset your layout to standard?
then it should be all there..

window-> costumizaion-> layouts-> standard

the tools can be found in

mesh-> create tools

RRR

traufeller.de

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jun 19, 2014 at 4:16:31 pm

[Roger Heyward] "I've tried to right-click in the Viewport, with objects selected and unselected. I've tried looking in Main Menu/Tools and Main Menu/Mesh."

The Knife and Extrude tools are in the Mesh > Create Tools sub menu.

If you are using Cinema 4D Lite then you don't have access to these (and other) polygon modelling tools.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Roger Heyward
on Jun 19, 2014 at 4:37:21 pm

I am using C4D lite, so that must be it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

doland ruiz
on Aug 13, 2014 at 11:01:07 pm

Does the Lite version also not include the Symmetry Object tool? Trying to do the tutorials online when the interface doesn't match is a real pain. Haven't found one tutorial that matches mine. Using R14 Lite in After Effects CC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]