MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Curving a spline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory FlynnCurving a spline
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 6:57:50 am

I have a logo made in illustrator. It's a simple wonky square shape with text in the middle. I have brought it in to C4d as splines and extruded with extrude nurbs. This is all working fine, however I would like to curve my square shape a little bit so that I get nicer reflections. This is where I am struggling. I have tried using a bend deformer, but it's not bending smoothly. I have also tried to add a few extra points to my square spline and smooth them but this doesn't work with the extrude nurbs. It's not smooth.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Curving a spline
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 11:45:21 am

If it's not bending smoothly, maybe you need more subdivision in the object. Also, give the wrap deformer a try; sometimes this works a little better than the bend deformer. There's also the spline deformer you could try. But most likely you'll need to subdivide the object more to get a smooth deformation.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Curving a spline
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 1:54:32 pm

You need to go into the extrude properties, caps tab, and set the caps to use quadrangles and regular grid. The splines themselves may need to be subdivided (or use knife tool), too, if there aren't enough points to allow smooth deformation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved