MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

rendering paths with nice anti-aliasing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lukasz wieczrendering paths with nice anti-aliasing
by on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:21:52 am

I have a project I have imported from illustrator and am trying to get the paths to render cleanly but I can't seem to get it right. I tried sweep nurbs on the paths, but this approach doesn't seem very clean. It might be my render settings though.

trying to get something along these lines: http://jayse.tv/v2/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/enders_asteroid_gyro_jayse_ha...

any suggestions on an approach? Honestly no idea where to start. I can do it with spheres, but for some reason paths seem to be a problem. I cannot for the life of me get it to transfer to paths.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: rendering paths with nice anti-aliasing
by on Jun 18, 2014 at 5:15:30 pm

Can you explain what you mean when you say that the sweep nurbs approach doesn't seem very "clean"? It should work fine, though you may have to set your spline types a different interpolation, like natural, adaptive, or subdivided.

Otherwise, if you have Sketch & Toon that may be the way to go. It's a bit complicated but it can render splines without adding geometry.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: rendering paths with nice anti-aliasing
by on Jun 18, 2014 at 10:17:40 pm

[Adam Trachtenberg] "Otherwise, if you have Sketch & Toon that may be the way to go. It's a bit complicated but it can render splines without adding geometry."

You can also use Hair materials to render splines directly without geometry. It's a little more straightforward than Sketch & Toon.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]