MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Issues with Morph Deformer using 'Source' falloff

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darby EdelenIssues with Morph Deformer using 'Source' falloff
by on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:59:51 am

I'm trying to deform between two meshes using a Morph Pose tag and a Morph Deformer. My hope is to be able to create a Spline using a tracer object and reference that in the Source falloff mode so that I can blend into the morph deformation where the Tracer's target object passes near the deforming mesh.

Phew!

Currently I have a Null object being traced and a Morph Deformer set up that is working, but not with the Source falloff mode. In that mode it appears that the only way to get "realtime" feedback is to force an update by changing a parameter.

I was able to get it working by adding a constantly varying value (low amplitude sine wave) to the sample distance in the source falloff, but this feels like it should be unnecessary. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Issues with Morph Deformer using 'Source' falloff
by on Jun 12, 2014 at 1:03:38 pm

Do you have the tracer above the deformer in the object manager? If not give that a try. Sounds like it could be an order of execution issue. If that doesn't work I would try a mograph spline referencing the tracer as the falloff source.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Issues with Morph Deformer using 'Source' falloff
by on Jun 12, 2014 at 1:48:52 pm

Thanks for helping Adam :) those were some of my first thoughts as well. I tried changing the order of objects and adding another layer of execution with a mospline as well as a matrix. No luck.

Perhaps there's another way to achieve the result though. I'm basically duplicating the functionality of an inheritance effector in morph motion object mode but I'm transforming points instead of axes. I've tried combinations of polyfx and fracture but the morph pose tag + morph deformer is the closest I've come so far without slowing my computer to a crawl. Can you think of another tool that might get the job done?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]