MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oskar WesterbergDynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 4, 2014 at 3:31:41 pm

My dynamics doesn't act the same way when I make a full render as they do in the preview. I've baked the dynamics, and they look right when I do a software render, just not when I do a full render. Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong? I've googled for hours but the only "solution" I can find is to bake the dynamics, which doesn't solve the problem for me.

Software render: https://vimeo.com/97311765
Full render: https://vimeo.com/97311764

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 4, 2014 at 4:35:13 pm

Can't recreate your problem. Could you share the scene file so we can take a closer look?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Oskar WesterbergRe: Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 4, 2014 at 4:49:09 pm

Hi Darby,

Sure, here it is: 7579_scen.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 4, 2014 at 8:47:39 pm

There are no dynamics tags in that scene file. If you could also reduce it to just the parts that are showing the issue that would help.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Oskar WesterbergRe: Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 7:43:54 am

Hey Darby,

Sorry I uploaded the wrong file :c Here's the right file reduced to the parts that are showing the issue: 7582_test.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Dynamics acts different in full render and software render/preview
by on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:05:19 pm
Last Edited By Adam Trachtenberg on Jun 5, 2014 at 4:27:10 pm

The dynamics cache won't work for parametric soft body objects like your metaball objects. In order to make that work you would have to convert the metaballs into real geometry.

If you want to try it without cache, and you want the render to look the same or more similar to the editor, you need to change the metaball settings so that those objects have the same number of subdivisions in the editor and in the picture viewer.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 5, 2014 at 6:15:36 pm

Hi Adam!

I tried 'Make Editable' on my metaball object, to see if that would work. But it makes the shape super detailed and way to heavy for my computer to do soft body on. Is there another way to convert metaballs into real geometry?

Regarding your second advice, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean, how do I change the metaball settings in the editor and picture viewer?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 5, 2014 at 6:26:28 pm

Oh wait! Yeah now I found what you meant "Editor subdivision" and "Render subdivision". Yeah I did have different numbers there and now that I changed it, it seems to work. Thanks a bunch :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]